Finding things to do on your phone can feel like a scavenger hunt across multiple apps. The Bing search app brings together the best of search while connecting you to the apps you trust to help you ‘find’ and ‘do’ faster and easier.
• Tap it. Discover it. Do it. Tap “Near me” for restaurants, attractions, gas stations, groceries and much more. Faster and easier to find new local places to love and deals you won’t want to miss. Or go into “Deals” to browse offers, discounts, and coupons at retailers near you.
• Find it. Watch it. Book it. Discover great movies to watch, read reviews and tap to stream. Prefer to go out? Find new movies and showtimes and get tickets. Browse through restaurants, book a table and, when you are ready, get directions or a taxi right from the app.
• Scan it. Compare it. Buy it. Use the built-in barcode scanner to review products and compare prices at select major retailers (eg, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Target); tap to buy it online. One quick scan can save you both time and money. Or just take a photo of something and Bing will try to find it online for you to buy.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
Here’s what the press has said about the Bing app:
• Android central: Bing for Android gets major overhaul with new design and features (http://www.androidcentral.com/bing-android-gets-new-ui-and-features-2016, Feb 4, 2016)
“… a robust and full-featured search app that rivals other search clients including Google's offerings.”
• Search Engine Land: Bing Updates Android & iOS Apps To Enable More Finding With Less Searching (http://searchengineland.com/bing-updates-android-ios-apps-to-enable-more-finding-with-less-searching-241778/, Feb 4, 2016)
“The company [Microsoft] has done a nice job with both apps, enabling users to get much more information with much less typing. The idea, according to Microsoft, is to help users “find” and “do” faster.”
• Engadget: Bing for iPhone makes it easy to jump from search straight to your apps (http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/18/microsoft-bing-for-iphone-app-integration-update/, Nov 18, 2015)
“the new Bing app definitely feels like a more "mobile-native" search experience. Between voice integration, the quick access to local info without having to type and the integration with your app collection, Bing for iPhone is definitely worth a look if you want a deeper search experience.”
• PC Magazine: Editors' Choice (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497239,00.asp, Dec 31, 2015)
“…the choice of a search app should depend on how easy it makes getting to the information you need. Bing makes it easy, and makes taking the next steps easier, with its app integrations. Add the bonuses of QR scanning, more-accessible privacy controls, Bing Rewards for gift cards and more, and you've got our Editors' Choice for iPhone search apps.”
• The Verge: Microsoft overhauls its Bing for iPhone app to take on Google (http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/18/9754310/microsoft-bing-iphone-app-update, Nov 18, 2015)
“The new Bing for iPhone app does a good job of providing useful results that aren’t just a list of text or Wikipedia links. For films, Bing lists their Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings, and even iOS apps like Netflix or iTunes where you can buy or rent titles. It’s even clever enough to remove options for Spotify for artists like Taylor Swift that keep their latest albums off of most streaming services.”
• Cult of Mac: Bing’s redesigned iPhone app focuses on instant answers (http://www.cultofmac.com/398079/bing-iphone-redesign/, Nov 18, 2015)
“When you conduct a search, it’s clear Bing tries very hard to figure out what you’re looking for and just give it to you. Displaying search results is the last resort.” “Finding what you’re looking for now takes much less time.”
Plazza » App » »
* Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
* Allows read only access to phone state.
* Allows applications to access information about networks
* Allows an application to access coarse (e.g., Cell-ID, WiFi) location
* Allows an application to access fine (e.g., GPS) location
* Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call being placed.
* Allows an application to record audio
* Allows applications to set the wallpaper
* Allows applications to set the wallpaper hints
* Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting.
* Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices
* Allows an application to monitor incoming SMS messages, to record or perform processing on them.
* Allows an application to read SMS messages.
* Allows an application to get information about the currently or recently running tasks: a thumbnail representation of the tasks, what activities are running in it, etc.
* Allows an application to read or write the system settings.
* Required to be able to access the camera device.
* Allows applications to open network sockets.
* Allows access to the vibrator
* Allows access to the flashlight
* Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
* Allows an application to write to external storage
* Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state
* Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks